Happy New Year!

Soon it will be 2015.  This year was not my happiest year, however great progress was towards being happier and more serene. 

Previously I had been pleasantly surprised to outlive others my age such as Michael Jackson.  This month I lost two of the best friends I ever had.  Not as pleasant.  RIP Bob and Joy.  I am a better person for having had you in my life.

Today was Martha’s last day as the Wednesday meeting secretary.  She had served for longer than we had been going to that meeting.  We got to have a grand goodbye in that it was planned and she will not be joining us due to a changing work schedule.  We got her a card, a Flowers of the Alano Club calendar, a coffee mug, and brought bagels as a homage for 100+ days/weeks of her bringing snacks to the Wednesday meeting.  It was a really nice send-off to end the year and her celebrate her service work.

With 359 posts this year, it was tempting to go for 365 for that 1.0 posts per day average.  The downside was that I would be writing for the wrong reason. It was suggested that I could post every day until March 15th to achieve a year with a 1.0 average.  That seems like a good idea now.  The plan is to go for another 75 days in a row.

Writing about gratitude every day has a known downside of becoming too familiar.  Some posts have been mighty short lately.  What is new behavior is my doing things on a consistent basis because they are good for me.

The closest thing I have to a New Year’s resolution is to eat less sugar, fewer calories, more veggies and try to swim three times a week.

I am grateful for my successes this year and for the losses that serve as contrast for the good in my life today.  One day at a time, I am doing okay and getting older!

 Happy New Year!








1 comment:

  1. Michael Jackson was a drug abuser first class the fact he lived as long as he did and did the creative things he did is a big wonder to me, so many of his family lived off of him, his Dad was so abusive it was a wonder he hated him til the day he died, his Mother put up with plenty of crap and had many kids, money was a big factor in staying with such a brute of a human being..One can learn a lot about life if you follow Michael Jackson's sad life, he may have been a creative and music genius but his inner turmoils cost him his life..If only someone could have cut him off that drug that killed him GRADUALLY...they would have saved him his own life, but it was never to be..Keep the strong fight and keep your blog up too..go to the many meetings you do to help others and stand and serve, God will always be keeping you safe, sane and sober he truly will you are doing the battle daily and shine a great light of HOPE AND SOBRIETY TO ALL OTHERS, KUDOS, happy 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete