RIP Joy S.

My good friend Joy died at her home in Walla Walla this morning.  From sparse details, it is my guess that it was a massive heart attack.   

It is great that I got to spend two days with her before Xmas.   She will be missed.  Joy was the most successful long-distance friendship in my life.   She moved 8 years ago and we talked by phone at least once a month for the last two years.

Joy was one of the kindest most courageous people I have known in my life.  She was loved by a large group of friends, admirers and fellow trudgers.  Vaya con Dios.


I am grateful for my friendship with Joy and for having spent two days with her earlier this month.  Special thanks to her friend Karen for making it happen and letting me know of Joy’s passing.

1 comment:

  1. She is still with you in your heart and mind, she touched you and you are only the kinder and better for it...No one can judge others, either they give Love and Affection and Kindness freely and others are receptive or most don't know people at all, keep up your 2015 resolutions to keep sober and clean..You will be still guided by your friend who passed from this life she left that legacy for you, ciao!

    ReplyDelete