Showing Up

I am feeling a bit out of sorts about my Gratitude blog writing.  There is much to be grateful for.  When thinking about what to write about, topics are that come to mind are not sticking out as the “one” to write about.  I know that writing about gratitude on a daily basis has changed my brain to see the world in a variety of better ways.  I am more optimistic, resiliant, hopeful and grateful for what I do have.  That makes for a huge improvement in the quality of my life with no other change in living conditions.

While meeting at the mall today, we talked about the benefits of simply showing up for class in the case of Charlie’s students.  To the best of my knowledge, attendance is the #1 correlation between school and grades.  Simply showing up is a huge part of life.

I am grateful to show up sober in my life today.  Sure, there is a lot more I could do.  I need to always remember that showing up sober is good enough for today.  Everything is a bonus.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment