Holiday Spirit

It is after midnight on the 22nd.  Xmas Eve is now the day after tomorrow.  The nice tree that I had for a dozen years is up and looking good in the corner.  Lea, Michelle and I had a delicious brunch with Sandy at The Original Pancake House in Kirkland today.  Sandy had gifts for all of us.  I want to get her an “experience” for Xmas this year such as a trip to Portland or Leavenworth.  With a passport, it would be a trip to Victoria or Vancouver.

Mike M brought a big box of See’s candy by our morning meeting today.  It was a gift from a friend.  He did not want to have lying open at his home for obvious reasons.  We will meet at the mall tomorrow to continue our discussions on the AA book Spiritual Awakenings and general socializing.

If Michelle makes it three more days, it will be her first sober Xmas in 11 years.  It will be the second year in a row for me and Lea.  That is a long term relationship for me.   Greg is closing in on 14 months for the first time in a decade or so.  Good friends who know me have been a vital part of making it to where I am at today physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

Me, Lea, Michelle, Danica and baby Jayse plan to have a simply Xmas dinner together in the late afternoon of Xmas Day. Danica will spend Xmas Eve and morning with her mother in Tacoma.  It will be nice.

I am grateful for the life I have today.  It is better than the realistic alternatives that I have with my own best thinking.  God bless us all.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Christmas, what a wonderful time and your sobriety and your friends make it even more special..You do a great job of keeping on and on..You inspire others to not drink and use..The ladies in your life thank you I am sure and the baby doll Jayse will be that much sweeter because her mother is clean and sober..Enjoy your meal, your Christmas day and have a treat for me, I adore See's but I cannot take only one type 2 diabetes prevents me from eating any sweet candy but once a year I get to eat just one..ciao!~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete