A SAD Mid-December Heat Wave


The Puget Sound area enjoyed a record high temperature of 66° today as part of a powerful windstorm.  I really like the warmer weather, but the short period of daylight with the sun really low in the sky at near 20 degrees above the horizon.

I am feeling SAD today.   Laid around reading my Kindle, watching TV and napping. Hopefully, there is a large part of the winter blues with that.  Daylight will change from shrinking to increasing on after the winter solstice on December 21st.

I talked with George about going to Bob’s funeral on Friday.  That will be bittersweet.  It will be good to see old friends and sad to say goodbye to Bob.  He was a good guy and a nice person.


I am grateful to be alive and sober today. My winter blues will go away soon.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about your winter blues. Lighbox helped me, and Gaba. Also spending the winter in Tucson!

    ReplyDelete