Two Babies In One Day

My experience with babies is extremely limited.  Today I drove two different mother/baby pairs around.   Danica and Jayse to lunch at Southcenter and then home to White Center.  Tonight Libby and ten-day old Hunter went to the Pine Lake Speaker meeting with me.  Brad joined us at Costco for a hotdog and then at the meeting riding his red Harley.  Being around two babies in one day (or month) was a new experience for me.

We talked about hope at the meeting this morning.  I hated hope due to such a vivid memory of being 15 with a pistol in my mouth not pulling the trigger having to depend on hoping that tomorrow would be a better day.  Years ago when first starting 12-step recovery,   I had to skip hope and try for faith and trust in the program, a higher power and my willingness because of my strong aversion to hope.

When Jeff talked about hope this morning, I realized that I now have an optimistic hope for the future that my life’s events are and will be okay.  It was a brain-wrenching realizing that still needs further processing.  I am sure I will be happier in the future with more action and less depression.

I am grateful for my newfound hope and for being able to be of service to others today.



2 comments:

  1. How helpful and kind you are to help those two young mothers with their little babies to find hope and recovery, you are saving 2 addiltional babydolls from addiction..That is commendable in of itself...Many don't help others I don't understand that concept at all, are we not our brother and sisters keepers on this terrestrial do we not care about others and their many addictions that keep them from living a clean and purposeful life? we should, I commend you and think you have a wonderful life..ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say you have a challenging but peaceful and kind hearted life, it helps you to keep the good fight, I read your blog daily and pray for your continued recovery..we need more souls like you in our world!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete