Progress!

After my debate with my lesser self last night in my Gratitude blog post, I am happy to report good progress today.  Got my HTPC working with a new stand for it in my bedroom.  I am going to install a fan speed controller so it is not quite completely buttoned up, but it is working as it should.  Watered the plants, got rent paid via HEN for Lea (CCS rent subsidization program) and made progress on getting the front room straightened up.

One of the likely barriers to my getting things done is that I need to take Jenny the cat to the Humane Society and leave her there.  There is something wrong with her that three trips to the vet and $500 did not begin to fix.  She is a sweet cat and fun to play with.   I have had her for 8 years.  Saying goodbye in a healthy way is not one of my skills.  I know how to burn bridges.  Balking on leaving Jenny has segued into balking everywhere for me.

I am having lunch with my old friend George tomorrow.  I just now called him to confirm and he gave me terrible cancer report on my oldest friend from childhood, Bob W.  Bob has been fighting skin cancer for a couple of years.  Last week he drove his car into the his work building due to not being able to make his leg work as expected.  He totaled his car and a CAT scan showed that he has 12 tumors in his brain.  Not good.  Talk about a crappy day at the office…   They don’t get much worse than that.

I find it hard to believe that I don’t have cancer.  As a kid on the farm, when we wanted to keep the flies off our horses, we patted them down with DDT like flouring a rolling pin.  When we wanted to stop mold in the swimming pool, we painted the wall with mercury.  Weeds => Agent Orange.  Insulation => asbestos.   My dad met few toxic chemicals that he did not like.


I am grateful for progress in getting things done and for not having cancer.  Bob and George have been two of the best friends I have had in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment