Lots Of Meetings

It is often suggested that new AA members attend 90 meetings in 90 days.  A guy I know that literally died from alcoholism and was then CPR’d back to life has never done that—he has always gone to more than 90 in 90.  It works for him and he is closing in on 10 years sobriety.

I heard him share is 90+ in 90 plan back in 12/12 and have tried to follow his lead ever since.  I got a few meetings behind this summer and need to catch another dozen meetings to be assuredly on the plus side of 90 in 90 for the year. 

As things worked out, we went to an extra five meetings in the last eight days.  That has worked well.  I feel good about myself and my program. 

There is about 100 meetings a week within a mile or 10-minute drive of my home.  That is far and away more convenient than what most alcoholics have to choose from.  Most of them are at the Alano Club of the Eastside (ACES) which features a full service café and a members room along with one smaller and one larger classroom-sized meeting rooms. 

I am grateful for lots of meetings near me.   We are blessed to have an extremely active 12-step community with excellent resources in our region.

No comments:

Post a Comment