I Got Towed From My Own Apartment

My car got towed from the parking lot of my apartment last night.  I have a reserved spot per Federal HUD guidelines and somebody parked in it for the last two days.  When I came home last night at 9 PM, there was no place for me to park at the top of the small hill where I live.  So I parked in the fire lane in a place that did not block any traffic like I have for an estimated 50 times before for the same situation.    Only last night my car was towed to the tune of $400.

I could have got my car today.  I save a $40 bucks by getting it tomorrow.  It was an excuse  for a slow day at home.   A friend would give me a ride in the afternoon.  A small item on my bucket list includes walking from home in my wheelchair to a bus stop.  Leaving is easier than coming home since it is downhill.  My plan is to catch the new B Line bus that goes down NE 8th between Bellevue and Redmond every 15 minutes.  That will put me on flat ground a quarter mile from my car.

Naturally, I am not happy with having been towed in the first place, a $400 tow bill, being without a car and then having to go get it.    The apartment management will need to make some changes to avoid this happening again in the future.  Ideally they will pay my towing bill too.

I am grateful that I have the money to pay the bill, multiple ways of getting to my car and some thoughts on avoiding this same situation again in the future.   I have a classier set of problems today than how it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment