Kidney Stones

Having had kidney stones in the past, this morning’s pain in the backside had a dreary familiarity.  I used to keep Vicodin around for these occasions.  Having had a problem with Vicodin in early 2013, I no longer have that for relief.

I stayed in for the day and drank lots of liquids.  The pain was gone by mid-afternoon. 

That was a lot better than how it was four years ago with a trip to Overlake ER where I was attacked by a crazed urologist that gave me a kidney tap and a nasty pseudomonas bacteria infection then refusing to follow-up on his surgical work.  I was overwhelming depressed by that deplorable healthcare treatment and will NEVER go back to Overlake unless the extra 10 minutes it takes to get to the UW medical center is life-threatening.


I am grateful for a quick and relatively painless kidney stone resolution.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry for your kidney stones, I had about the same time a big kidney stone crap happen to me, the urologist drove into the place I was to see him in a blue Mercedes and when I actually saw him he did not do one damn thing, but want to schedule me for an operation, all the older people in the clinic were to operated on, I got the feeling he used these people to fuel his Mercedes obsession..I paid up front a tiny amount got the money refunded after I pitched a fit about the service and have been fine ever since, I drink tons of water with Lemon juice in it no sugar I am a type 2 diabetic and never have felt better in my whole life.. I cannot tolerate much in the way of drugs, when in the e/r I got some hydrocodone and it was okay for awhile but the lemon juice has cured my kidney stones and no operation for me, thank you very much..I really think that most professional physicians take their patients for a big freaking ride for money..Thanks to God you are doing better, UW was where our only went for Penumonia and they diagonosed it quickly and she got an IV and rested and got to be 100% better fairly quickly at home, she had excellent health insurance and the UW was near where she lived and they treated her well, we were with her every step of the way..take care keep hydrated, try lots of water with slices of lemon and squeeze them into the water it will let your body rehydrate and the lemon will keep kidney stones at bay, you might use some sweetner, agave is better than sugar, ciao!

    ReplyDelete