Alternatives

My home theater PC (an Intel PC in a muffled case) shut down gracefully the other day and would not restart later on.  Once or twice a week the video would go black and not return for a minute or 10.  I thought it was the motherboard and replaced that with one that I had laying around.  No joy.  Next guess is the power supply.  I have an extra PS in an unused PC case.  I am not going to change that tonight.  I go days without watching TV so that is not a big deal.  I do like to surf the web and read email on my HTPC.

What is even better is that I have a laptop I got earlier this year with the intention of taking a class at Bellevue College that was only used a couple times before I gave up on the class.  I plan to take the class in the Fall from the beginning.  It would have been more work than it was worth to try to catch up on a one quarter fast-paced computer class starting half-way through the quarter.

The good news is that today I have solutions in my apartment now.   There were plants to water, books to read, metal projects galore, a laptop, my living room PC works fine and more.  In active addiction I would not have these alternatives.


I am grateful for the toys and many alternative projects I have in sobriety.  The plants are wanted.  I looked up my Home Group network password and will now go connect my laptop to my giant TV in my newly air conditioned bedroom.  Thank you god for the many blessings in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment