Getting Organized

After weeks of retail therapy via Amazon and Rio Grande online, I have the vast majority of what I need to start and complete copper and silver jewelry soldering projects.  I am still looking to get a used dresser and chest of drawers for toolbox/storage.  That will happen soon.

I put what I have in small boxes for now.  Tonight I got to do a tiny bit of torch work melting silver wire into tiny balls.  The progress was in getting a mini-crock pot setup to pickle (mild acid wash) the post-torch metal to get the oxides off it.  So my work area is not completely set up but I did get more of a sense of how it would go. 

I am wondering whether or not to put my PC or plants in front of the window.  Hmmm.  I had my PC in front of the window for a dozen years.  The plants have been in front of the window for the last year.  We’ll see.

Today was Lea’s birthday.  I bought her a cake.  Brittany got balloons and we sang her happy birthday at the meeting this morning.  That usually does not happen at meetings.  Coincidentally, it was also the birthday of a teenager in early recovery.  That was nice.  A couple of us took Lea to lunch after the meeting.   I got her a surprisingly inexpensive attractive synthetic ruby pendent and earring set from Sears.  The jewelry looks nice.  She liked her birthday.


I am grateful for my new toys, hobby, friends and being of service to others today.  It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment