My King Size Bed

I have a dozen pillows on my king size bed to prop my shoulders and legs in comfortable (least painful) positions for sleeping.  My former girlfriend Joy bought this bed for me a dozen years ago.  It works really well for in terms of appropriate mattress firmness and for having lots of room to place my pillows on while in use on or piled on the side.

The bed is in a corner of my bedroom.  When I have to make it myself, I slide the mattress across my knees to reach the far corner.  It is lot easier to do with able-bodied assistance to tuck in the sheets in that corner.  The mattress is awkward and heavy, but still just barely light enough for me move it if I have to.


I am grateful to have a large enough bedroom to hold my king size bed with two dressers, two nightstands and to be able get around two sides of the bed in my wheelchair.  I love my bed.  It is much more comfortable place for me to be than sitting in my wheelchair all day (there is a downside to that pain-driven sloth that I fight on a daily basis).

2 comments:

  1. You are fortunate to have a big bedroom and a bed that meets your needs well..Not many get that, my old mattress and box spring had to go, it did the new one took a longtime to order and get it is easy to handle and I enjoy it, if the people across the street from the bedroom would stop partying nightly maybe I could get a decent night's sleep my hubs sleeps thru everything, finally I called the man who owns the home and property telling him I am up thought you might like to be up and here on my landline phone the parties the people have nightly, the music and parties stopped immeditately and they moved, thank goodness for small blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say HEAR ON MY LANDLINE PHONE WHAT THE RENTERS WERE UP TO NIGHTLY, PARTIES AND LOUD MUSIC~~~~!!!!!!!!! He came right over and knocked on the door and told them to stop the music and parties nightly, they moved, I was their age once in California no less and no owner of any house or apt I rented would put up with that noise and music all nightlong including my beloved aunt who owned two properties I rented from her, no not at all, people do work and like to rest!

    ReplyDelete