Dinner with Carol

Carol took me out for a birthday dinner tonight.  We went to a The Grill at Ipanema which is a Brazilian steakhouse at 1st & Bell in Seattle.  The value ratio was okay for a $$$ steakhouse.  Not worth the price of parking to Seattle to go back.   

The conversation with Carol was very pleasant and enjoyable.  We have been active friends for over a dozen years.  That is one of the longest relationships in my life.  She and her bf are living in her condo and doing well.  She had struggled financially for years.  Now they are making some upgrades to her condo such as wood flooring and new tile.  I am glad they are doing well.

I am grateful for nice relationships with healthy functional people.  That is not something I much of in my life before sobriety.


No comments:

Post a Comment