Gardening

The deck on my apartment is reasonably large as these things go.  It is about 6 x 14 western exposure with good afternoon sun.  Lea did a bunch of gardening last summer.  After everything died in the winter, she has lost her enthusiasm.  With seeds needing to be planted, a plethora of pots and soil, I spent a couple hours gardening on the deck this afternoon.  I have not done that much gardening in 20 years.  It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.  The seeds are planted, the deck is cleaner and arranged so that I can more easily get around in my wheelchair.

For years I balked on gardening because it was “too hard”.  In all reality that was a lot more about my overcoming my fears of not doing it well enough and overcoming the inertia of having to try something new.  A few of the pots are too big for me to lift with one hand.  I can move them around by tilt/rolling them or by pushing on them with my wheelchair.


I am grateful for an enjoyable gardening experience.  I love working with earth, plants and mother nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment