A New Time to Meet at the Mall

We meet with Charlie, Mike, and Margie at Crossroads Mall every week.  For last year, we have met on Fridays.  Today we met on Tuesday.  We will continue to meet on Tuesdays to attend the farmer’s market there and it will work better for Charlie and Margie.  The market begins in four weeks on 5/27.

Charlie had a dental appointment and Lea felt ill.  Mike, Margie and I talked for almost two hours before going our separate ways.  After leaving and getting a book at the library, I saw they were still talking as I made my way to the door.

The three of us had a nice pleasant animated chat about a variety of topics mostly centered on recovery and being life-long learners. Mike is starting to volunteer at the Bellevue Library.  Margie is taking computer classes and learning Spanish.  I am learning how to stay sober one day at a time and reading something about positive psychology every day.

I am grateful for my weekly meeting at the mall.  It is as close as I come to a large group activity with friends.  I get a lot from their love, support, wisdom and consistent participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment