A Blog Ahead

Checking my posting math for April, I learned that I am a blog post ahead of my one-a-day schedule.  That is presumably due to diligent posting and a red flag for those bound to become more frequent senior moments.

I don’t have a burning topic to write about today.  There are many important things in my life to be grateful for today.  Approaching 8 weeks of sobriety is high on that list. 

My spiritual connection with my higher power is better than it has ever been.  I used to get stuck on minor irriations and dwell on them with a sort of resonance that would amplify them far beyond any kind of healthy reflection into a reason to be annoyed and then carry that mindset throughout my day and life.  Lately I have been blessed to recognize the initiation those obsessions and turn it over to my HP trusting that it will be okay and focus on the next, much more positive, indicated thing.

I am grateful for the many good things in my life that have led me to be a much happier and less fearful person with greater interest in my fellow man.

1 comment:

  1. Don't sweat the small stuff at all, my motto for my life now. One can't control what will happen in life only a good attitude, smiling and looking on the bright side.. I am married to a happy fellow always happy, he came from an alcoholic father, mother tolerated a lot of crap, her children became some of them alcoholics but my hubs never got angry or upset..His siblings chose many paths and not drinking is not one of them..I like to think that my own alcoholic father chose another path just never knew him, one can only do what one can for one's own self..praying for others and trying to help them as you do in AA and your blog...but one cannot do much for people who will not get help at all..I follow your blog and find you for real and happy and nice, your blog truly saves many in the throes of addiction..Have a most wonderful week up in Bellevue a lovely place to live, we live near the tip of Washington and Oregon and call it God's country too,ciao!

    ReplyDelete