Warrawong Lodge Hosts Its First Wedding

My sister Karen and her husband Frank built a B&B named Warrawong Lodge (WL) in Far North Queensland on the Coral Sea—home of the Great Barrier Reef.  The WL is laid out so that it is also a great place for weddings and parties with an impressive commercial grade kitchen.

Yesterday they hosted their first wedding.  It went really well.  The previously unknown caterer lives only a few kilometers down the road and really liked their facility.  Hopefully that will lead to more referrals.

WL is not yet self-supporting.  My sister is a CPA with an MBA blessed to have chosen a career in financial database programming that allows her to work remotely making big-city technology wages.  This allows her to live in Clifton Beach while working for a company located in Sydney due to her decades of experience with a highly desired unique skill set.

Frank has been putting finishing touches on the 3 acre yard including 1500 meters of irrigation pipe with 11 water pumps.  Although they live next to a rain forest, there is an extended dry season that makes for a tough environment for plants to thrive.


I am grateful for my sister and how she helped me find my way life at a time when I was completely lost suffering from incomprehensible demoralization.  I don’t know much about the wedding.  I am proud of my sister and happy for her success as a programmer and in the completion of their dream home.

No comments:

Post a Comment