7 Days of Swimming

I swam for 7 days in a row yesterday.  Every day has been a perfect touch more exercise that leaves me tired at night and refreshed in the morning.  Yesterday was the first time I swam for an hour in 26 years.  My pace is the swimming equivalent of a slow jog with brief spurts of running and stopping to tie my shows, i.e., to fix my float or hand-paddles positioning.

When I swim by myself, the lifeguards have been very helpful in holding my chair  while I flop into the pool and then setting my chair by the window away from the pool.  They will get my chair, run the lift and hold my chair while I get out.   They have all been kind and helpful.  Most of the lifeguards are young and a little unsure of (slightly freaked out by?) bracing my chair while I get in and out of it.  After a time or time, it is no big deal for them.

Two more swims and I am going to buy a 3-month pass.  Unfortunately, the pool closes for a month from late August to early September.    That gives me another 6 weeks of swimming to look forward to until then.  That is good enough for today.


I am grateful to have fantastic facility to swim in, the money to pay for swim-time, a car to get to swimming, helpful lifeguards and how good I am feeling thanks to endorphins and the self-esteem I am getting from being the kind of person that exercises on a daily basis.

1 comment: