A Progress Report On My New Habits For 2013

Since making committed New Year’s Resolutions in January, I have been working on developing new habits as a part of a healthy daily routine. 

The new habits now include:
·         Going to a meeting every day
·         Writing my Gratitude blog every morning
·         Reading morning devotionals about mindfulness and spirituality
·         Being kinder to myself and others
·         Exercising 3x week
·         Healthier eating

My meeting attendance is averaging slightly more than one meeting per day.  I don’t always write my Gratitude blog in the morning, but I have done better than hoped for about writing every day (except for a 10 day dry spell in March).  Reading devotionals in the morning is more likely to happen than my Gratitude blog writing, if I miss a morning something is always read by the end of the day.

Studying mindfulness has helped me be kinder to myself and others.  I get to live a lot more in the moment and with much less fearful future-tripping.  When I am living in the moment, my life is pretty good—I have food, a nice safe place to live, a car that runs, a wonderful wheelchair, a king-size bed, a giant TV, exercise and the love of good friends.  When I am living in the future, my thinking becomes fearful, full of self-pity and depression.  That happens a lot less than it used to.

Since committing to exercising multiple times each during a conversation with Bernadette on April 16th, I have exercised 3 or more times each week for the last two months.  That has made a world of difference in my attitude, energy and physical abilities.  I was headed towards being homebound by obesity.   Now I have a path towards physical fitness and weight loss via swimming.

Healthier eating is off to a simply easy start by not letting Michelle pan-fry meals soused in oil.  More fruits & veggies, less beef and pork, and much less junk food has at least greatly slowed or even stopped the constant continuous weight gain.

I am grateful for the miraculous progress I have made in living a better life so far this year.  I am optimistic about the future being even better.  A great big thank you to god and all the people that have helped me live a better life.  I could not and would not have done it without you.



1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Committing to exercise is one of those things that's hard to do, but feels so good.

    ReplyDelete