Active Maintenance Of My Car



When I was young, I drove my first 5 cars into the ground with abusive driving and lack of maintenance.   Then I got my first new car and have kept them in good repair for the last 35 years.

My current car is 20 years old with 80,000 miles on it.   I could afford a newer car, but this one has a 2-door body style that works really well for me and my wheelchair.   It is in near perfect working order.   The check engine light came on last week.   I knew the oil and water was okay thanks for having gauges.   I got it over to the shop this week and learned that it was a vacuum leak.  It still ran okay so it was no big deal, but I had them keep the car overnight so they could fix it today.   I really appreciate how they give me a ride back-n-forth to the shop so I don’t have to wait or arrange a ride.

I love my auto mechanic and his staff.   They are over in the Bel-Red auto repair neighborhood that is about to be hit by the biggest wave of gentrification to hit Bellevue since Microsoft came to town.   There are two multi-billion dollar developments underway in preparation for light rail coming through Bellevue to Redmond.  One project centers on 124th near the Safeway & Coca-cola plants.   The other is east of 148th by the old Group Health hospital.  

My auto repair guy is soon to be priced out of the market.   I will miss him tremendously.   It is my second oldest trade relationship in my life since I have been going to the same shop for 16 years—although it was previously under a different owner.


I am extremely grateful for a good close mechanic that gives me great service.   Thanks Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment