Time For A New Apartment Lease



I have lived in the same apartment for the last 13 years.  My lease expires at the end of April and I got my dunning notice for next year’s rates.  My rent is going up by by 6%.  That is not bad for a hot housing market.  The rent increase would have been much more except for non-stop construction since last summer on new siding, deck railings and such.   The work is still not done and soon it will be time to paint.   I am sure that has lead to many moving out who would have otherwise stayed.

After 13 years, my low-quality rental carpet is trashed and the place needs to be painted.   My roommate is going to move out by July.   After that, I will move things around to get the placed tuned up one room at a time.   I really like the location and flat level parking lot close to my front door.  I may get parquet flooring and enhance my bathroom shower stall to make it more accessible for me.

I am grateful to be able to afford to live in a reasonably nice place in a great location with no crime that affects me in our complex.

1 comment:

  1. You are indeed fortunate, in Bellingham rents went up 15% and in Vancouver to rent one can shell out $2,500 a month for a home that is about 37 to 38 years old..Bellevue is the jewel of the Seattle area, for what you say needs to be done to upgrade your apt. you are truly blessed..Many have no housing here in Vancouver and Bellingham being a college town it is really expensive they always have a captive audience as the term is used..As lovely as Washington state is we would move to Colorado in a new York minute if we could dry dry weather, people who are open and loving, no rain constantly and blue skies, people are outside all the time walking, hiking, biking and yes wheelchair accessible, that or Austin Texas the only town where we would ever consider in Texas, hot heat, blue skies and intellectually neat human beings, great food, arts scene and very creative center of the USA! People live longer in the Colorado rockies and in Austin texas, how people flock to the seattle area is beyond our way of thinking, we find it exorbitant and the weather horrible and the people crude and rude, only the very wealthy can actually live in Seattle yet they say many want to live there we don't get it at all..We live near Portland Oregon, a hell hole for living, many criminals, drug infested hopeless people yearning for food and housing..Food drives every day on the tv channels and a governor who is a career politician and the other governor who resigned a big crook..enjoy your slice of heaven it is DENIED TO MANY IN KING COUNTY!

    ReplyDelete