More Will Be Revealed


So I was baffled by a near-horrified response from our mall buddies yesterday.   Talked with two of them today.  It seems a couple thought I was stuck in the past and still going on about no more BS and being abusive.  Another did not think much of it.   Turns out I had badly mis-communicated timelines since I was talking about going forward and not looking back to rehash the past.

In the distant past, this sort of thing would be grounds to giving up on even important relationships.   Now it is an opportunity to be patient, wait a day and then check back to see what happened.   That is a lot healthier behavior.

I am grateful to my improving emotional and social IQ/maturity.  It is definitely coming slowly and late to my life, but that is fantastically better than never.



No comments:

Post a Comment