Conflict Resolution by Group Support

My roommate and I had intractable conflict issues.   We meet with two other couples every Tuesday to talk in a mostly casual way about recovery.   They have over 100 years of sobriety along with tons of personal and professional experience deal with substance abuse and recovery issues.

My typical conflict response is to shut down.  My roommates first response is to run away.  It was major new behavior for us to sit down with strong directed active help from our betters to work out way through the conflict.

My conclusion about her needing to move out stands from last night.   We did use a much better process for discussing it so that we will be much more amicable and at peace with our decision and process.

I am grateful to have trusted great help from wise elders that love me so that I can learn and practice new behavior.


No comments:

Post a Comment