Signs of Spring

Daylight is an hour longer than it was a month ago with 9 hours and 7 minutes today.  In two months there will be more than 12 hours of daylight.   Going out to my car this morning, I had a strong sensation of moving out of December’s darkness as early trees are preparing to start budding.

It has been record warm winter so far on the East coast.   That has come to an abrupt halt as “snowmageddon” has started from the Carolinas to Massachusetts.  It is predicted to be among the top 3 snowstorms in recorded history for the them affecting 85 million people.   That is a big snowstorm.

When I was first paralyzed 35 years ago, I vividly remember seeing a picture of a guy in a wheelchair in Boston shoveling out 18 inches of snow to get to his car and thinking “I am never moving to Boston”.  Never wanted to live in the northeast after that.


I am grateful for longer days and no snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment