Better Gift Giving Skills



All my life, giving gifts to others has been a loaded experience filled with trepidation.   I got most of that from my alcoholic mother.   Never knew when she was going to go off after having made some effort to be nice to her.  Xmas and birthdays were the worst.

I have spent years working on giving gifts to others a better experience for both me and the recipient.   This Xmas went very well.   Instead of donating to charities in an emotionally detached bloodless sort of way, I took two guys needing shows to Factoria Mall and bought them the boots of their choice.   They made good practical choices that will help them get jobs and I got to give them an atta-boy for working hard to make progress in pulling their lives back together.  It went well.

My rooommate loves purple clothes.   We found a winter coat at Target that was exactly what she wanted and certainly exceeded all expectations for a garment from Target with a hood, deep pockets, and thumb-holes at the end of the sleeves.   She loves her new coat.  I liked the whole experience.

I am grateful for better gift-giving experiences in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment