American Football



I went years without watching American football on TV.  This season I watched a lot of college games and many of the 16 regular season Seahawk games.   Individually the players are amazingly athletic.   As a team, it is incredibly choreography to get your 11 players in a better position than their 11 players in a 5-second burst of activity.   I don’t have great “football knowledge” of all the details that go into winning.  Great plays and the final score are enough for me.

This weekend was the last of the bowl games on Saturday night.   Sunday night was the last of the regular season (not playoffs) for the pros.   Both games went done to the final seconds.  It was a thrilling finish.

Now it is time for the pro playoff to determine who will play in the Superbowl.   The Seattle Seahawks played in the last two Superbowls.  Their record was not as good this year.   They ended the season beating up on some of the other contenders with better records.   It is a lot more fun to watch them win—surprisingly so.

I am grateful for all the entertainment I got from watching football this year.   It was a great season.


No comments:

Post a Comment