A Variety of 12-Step Programs

After massive growth in the last year, it was time for me to start going to Overeaters Anonymous (OA) meetings.   Went to my first meeting this morning.   Listened to an extremely eloquent woman talk about having eating issues since childhood.   It was a tour de force 15 minute spiel.   Turns out that they started out with a mini-speaker meeting.

After that, I went to some AA for almost an hour and then went to NA for 75 minutes.  It was all packed together in a ridiculously convenient 3 hours at a place five minutes from home at the Belllevue Alano (both “a-lan-o” and “al-a-no” are used, I prefer the former) Club.   That was a great way to start my week.   I will continue to do that in the future.


I am grateful to live in a community and region with strong participation in 12-step programs.   A meeting isn’t any good when I am sitting there by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment