29 Years vs Kicked Out

My sponsor and his wife celebrated 29 years of sobriety this month.   We went out to dinner at Azteca to celebrate with a group of fellow trudgers.   It was nice.

A young woman we know was homeless for months until she knocked on our door 16 days ago at 10 PM asking for help.   I don’t know if she was high or her brain was fried, she told an incoherent story with a lack of time continuity much like how a family member with schizophrenia talks.

She promised to work hard on her recovery and stay clean.   She had not seen her toddle since CPS took him two months ago.   She saw him twice in the last 8 days.   She left last night to “go to a meeting”, came home in the wee hours and left a note that she was going for a walk and we have not seen her in 30 hours.   I just kicked her out by text since she is not here and does not answer the phone I setup for her.

My roommate left her eleven year old son for a life of active addiction.   He is 25 and in prison for the first time.  The young woman gave up her year old son for a life of addiction.   This is going to negatively impact people for generations to come.  A sad and tragic situation.

I am grateful for my long-term sober friends and to not be stuck in the still using homeless lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment