Turned Away at the Prison Door

Leslee, Lisa and I went to the Washington State Reformatory in Monroe tonight to do our monthly corrections AA meeting.  Traffic was a tough slog taking an hour to get there for what is a 30 minute drive on the way home.  When we got there, we were cautioned that it might be a few minutes before we could get into the prison.

After waiting outside the lobby door for five minutes, we were let inside and again warned that it might be awhile before we got into a meeting or it might not happen at all.  Lisa B, Leslee and I continued to chat until another guard came by telling us that there would not be a meeting tonight due to internal issues.  They are not forthcoming on what is going on, but it was just as well we were on the outside as opposed to be confined to a room during an incident (lockdown?).

We were politely shown the door and headed home.  It was a two hour drive with great conversation in both directions.  L. is having a hard time with serious chronic depression which she has been fighting for years.  I can relate to that and am thankful for my current reasonably optimistic state of mind.

I am grateful for good friends, wonderful conversation and support from my fellow trudgers on the road to happy destinies.  Now I will get to watch one of my favorite shows, Elementary, which is Sherlock Holmes set in the present time in NYC with Dr Watson being played by Lucy Liu.   Life is good and we are very blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment