Preparing for Snow

There is a 40% chance of a light snow tonight.  That is way better weather than the vast majority of the rest of the US.  A huge winter storm has blanketed the country from Arizona to New England.  9000 flights have been canceled or delayed.

The only problem I have with snow tomorrow is trying to help Lea get to the new Social Security office at 5th & Jefferson in Seattle by 9 AM.  The new SS building is quite probably located at the worst location in Seattle to serve people with disabilities.  There is exactly zero handicapped parking at the building with the nearest public parking being 2 blocks down the hill.

We went shopping at Fred Meyer in Kirkland today before meeting Sandy for lunch.  We have a ton of groceries and I got 2 extra firm pillows for my bed.  They seem to be working really well.  It is good to stock up on food before the storm and we filled my car with gas. 

The driveway at my apartment building will let me get out in any kind of weather.  Getting home is a much dicier proposition since it is among the last roads to clear off after a snowstorm.  I am extremely cautious about going out so that I don’t get trapped away from home in the freezing cold.

I am grateful for relatively mild winter weather.  A trace of snow is a lot better than a blizzard.


No comments:

Post a Comment