Happy Birthday to Michelle

For the last nine years, Michelle has spent her 12/12 birthday in jail.  After going back out for 10 days in the Seattle jungle including a week of freezing cold weather, she came home tonight.  Tomorrow will be her first birthday in a decade that she is not in jail.  

She has mad skillz at hustling to get dope, but no matter, the disease only gets worse even when things are going “well”.  Being of service to others provides me with wonderful spiritual gifts that greatly enhance my sobriety.  I get to be happy for other people, learn to love without being judgmental and be grateful that it is not me out there.

I am grateful that Michelle is home and sober tonight, that we will get to celebrate her first birthday in a decade not locked-up and that we will help her celebrate her birthday tomorrow with a nice home-cooked meal and a cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment