Swam With A Crawl Stroke Today

I have been swimming almost every day for the last two months.  I love my time in the water, the miraculous improvement in my physical abilities and fitness.  Today, I swam with a crawl stroke for the first time in 26 years.   It takes a lot of power for me to swim a crawl stroke.   I only lasted a few short (25 foot?) laps before it was back to the usual pace.

I ordered swim goggles from Amazon last week.   What I actually got was a swim mask—more than goggles and less than a diving mask.  The mask was not so comfortable and leaked.  :(    

The goggles were part my plan to be able to swim with a crawl stroke and see where I am going so as to not swim into the wall or other people.  Tonight I did a crawl stroke for a few laps without goggles.  With 4x6 inch swim paddles on my hands, I am actually a pretty fast swimmer!   It is like a sprint pace for me.  There was a bit of chlorine burn on my eyes.  It was worth it.

I got home from swimming and ordered new goggles.  I should be good to go by Thursday.

I am grateful for the wonderful amenities provided by Bellevue’s Parks Department including the warm springs pool and the lift to get me out of the pool into my wheelchair.  My time in the water is a wonderful place for both meditation and exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment