An Early Morning Swim

Headed out at 7:45 for 8 AM swim this morning.  It went well.  Happily, Lea joined me for a swim before going to the methadone clinic.  She is not much of a morning person.  The pool opens for an hour of “Adult Therapy” swimming from 8 to 9 AM three days a week.  That is a lot quieter than the “Open & Therapy” which is for pre-school children and therapy.

After the morning swim, we went to Costco to get 2 new tires for my car.  My plan was to get there before the tire shop opened so we could be the first to get served.  I thought the shop opened with the rest of the store at 10 AM.  Turns out the Costco tire shop opens at 9:30 AM.  There was not a big rush at the tire shop on a hot July morning.  Although the one woman in front of us quizzed the counterman for 15 minutes, put her husband on the phone for another 5 and then got some printed information and left.  It was puzzling.  I was left wondering if they had never heard of the internet or she was really just that Alanon sick. 

My car was supposed to be done in an hour.  The counterman (manager?) somehow forgot to give the keys to the tech and so when we came back 90 minutes later, they had not even started working on my car.  After that, they did get the tires installed in 20 minutes.  I was grateful to have planned plenty of time for that work before our next appointment.

I am grateful for early morning exercise, Lea swimming with me, new tires on my car and warm sunny days.


No comments:

Post a Comment