A Progress Report on Less Gluttony and Sloth

On May 14th, I went to a 7th Step meeting in NE Seattle at which I had a mid-sized epiphany realizing that naming my shortcomings would accelerate their removal.  The first two shortcomings that needed immediate attention were gluttony and sloth. 

Three weeks later, I went swimming for the first time in 20 years.   Since then I have swam at least 30 times in the last six weeks.   That has helped greatly with sloth.  I now have more strength, energy and endurance for my increased daily activities.  Along with more activity, I have been eating a smaller amount of healthier food.  That first swim in early June has changed my life drastically for the better.


I am grateful to Lea for helping me get started, Bellevue Parks for having a wonderful warm pool with a lift, my higher power for helping me help myself, for feeling much better about my life and my physical abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment