Morning Writing…well, at least this morning

I have been writing my Gratitude blog postings at night for the last week.  My goal (a foolish consistency?) is to write in the morning.  One reason for that is if I miss the morning writing, there is a large window of opportunity to write later in the day. 

Every day that I write is at least a minor success/achievement for me by focusing my mind on something that I am grateful for.   Usually a variety of thoughts and topics run through my mind before I settle on the topic de jour.  It is good for me to reflect on the many things I am grateful for.

Experience has shown that when my goal is to write at night that all too often I don’t write because I forgot to write before going to bed or I was tired or whatever.   The practice of writing in the morning makes me the sort of person that lives life in a pro-active fashion taking care of what needs to be done as soon as possible instead of procrastinating as much as possible.  It feels good to be in front of the curve instead of rushing to catch up.

I am grateful for how trying to write in the morning is changing my behavior to make me a pro-active person instead of being paralyzed by sloth like how I used to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment