A Good Finish to a Week That Started Rough

I was exposed to many undesirable events in the last week.  Living in the moment to the best of my ability per the mindfulness meditation enabled me to enjoy a good week.  Every day I went for a swim, attended a meeting, did my Gratitude blog writing and for the vast majority of the time was be present in the current moment.  That is miraculous progress from how it used to be.

I did not get stuck in self-pity nor have the sense that there was no point in trying since things never worked out.  I was optimistic and resilient in the face of disappointing setbacks in my relationships.   I shared my experiences with close friends and other supporters not so much to vent but to be rigorously honest avoiding lies of omission about what I was experiencing, thinking and feeling.  In turn, they were kind, loving and supportive appreciating my truth and were able to reciprocate with some of their intimate issues that made for better relationships.  It felt good to be supported by others and be a source of support for them.


I am grateful for my increased honesty, openness and willingness.  That is HOW it works today!

No comments:

Post a Comment