Being More Mindful Thanks to Meditation

It used to be that when something was bothering me, especially emotional or relationship issues, all I could was obsess and worry (think?) about the problem.  Thanks to working on being mindful in the moment I can now stop the obsessive thought train for at least a short while.  When I do go back to the obsessing issue, it is much less important and thus vastly less stressful.

This month has been full of triggers that in the past would have set me off in a tizzy of angry obsession, resentment, self-righteous anger and then depression.  I am pleasantly amazed at how I can stop the negative thought train, then get off it to think about something more such as serenity or that I am okay right in that moment.  Later on, the problems practically solve themselves melting away over time.


I am so incredibly grateful for my newfound mindfulness.  Sure it would have been good to had this skill, say, all of my life.  At least I have it now.  It is something I never want to be without again.  Now it is time to go swimming.  That is my favorite place to meditate and be mindful.

No comments:

Post a Comment