Something Happened

At the Mill Creek Five and Dime speaker meeting Friday night, Dean T discussed the phenomenon of "something happened". He noticed that while listening at meetings, fellow trudgers discussed some significant problem they had been having with relapse, relationships, money, etc, when a psychic change took place (spiritual experience?) and the problem was resolved with little change in physical conditions.

Something happened for me between the end of that last relapse and early in my current stint of sobriety. I have more humility which strangely enough translates into more confidence since I am less neurotic. My relationships have improved due to having more emotional security allowing me to be more vulnerable, honest and intimate while communicating with others. My mindfulness of living in the moment one day at a time is a thing of much serenity.

I am grateful that something happened in the last 6 months that enabled a greatly improved emotional quality of life while all other external factors remained constant—e.g., same car, apartment, cats, clothes, bed, tv, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment