Michelle and Lea Shared at Last Night’s Meeting

Two women that I met when I was using last year have been working finding their own sobriety since I got sober. Michelle has been sober about 75 of the last 96 days. Lea is fighting a fierce demon in her heroin addiction.

They both went with me to a meeting at the Alano Club last night. It turned out to be a marijuana anonymous meeting. Only 2 of the 18 people there were stuck on pot. The rest of us had problems with alcohol, crack and heroin.

Being a small meeting, 90 minutes was plenty of time for everybody to share. It was the first time that I had heard either Lea or Michelle share at a meeting. They both talked about their addiction and being ready & willing to be done. I was proud of my friends for their achievements and happy for the progress we have made since we met last summer.

I never had younger siblings or cousins. It is sort of like having younger sisters as I get to help them get their lives back on track. It feels very good and powerful to watch them make great progress towards long-term sobriety.

I am grateful to have the wherewithal be able to help others find 12-step recovery and for the psychic rewards I get from their achievements and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment