A Good Way to Start the Day

I am a night-owl by nature. Writing my gratitude blog posts frequently finds me getting up early in the morning between 4 and 7 AM. This leads to a sense of accomplishment resulting from having completed a task that has become very important to me—writing my daily blog post.

My plan is to then read a daily affirmation and meditate for at least a moment after I finish my writing and go back to bed. That makes for 3 tasks completed before breakfast. This has changed each day and my life for the better by adding structure, good habits and a sense of accomplishment to my mornings. I have the rest of the day to run my errands and make it to a meeting.

I plan on adding 10-15 hours of volunteer activity this spring. I need to add an exercise component right away. I have gained 10+ pounds in the last three months. The extra weight pulling me down to a life of even less activity. Future plans are great. I will continue to do my best to live one day at a time.

I am grateful for the innate motivation I have found withing myself to get up and write this gratitude blog every morning. It makes my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment