Saturday Night: Dinner and a Meeting

Went to Whole Foods for a deli dinner. They had remodeled since the last time I ate there. After a thorough inspection of the ginormous deli featuring a grill & bbq, noodle bar, salad bar, taco bar, pizza bar and bakery, we decided on the salad bar. Choosing from dozens of different chilled beverages, I had a lemon-flavored Italian soda and my friend had sweet tea.

We went to the monthly Pine Lake Speaker meeting. There was almost 300 people at the meeting. Marty from Las Vegas was the featured speaker. There was no doubt that he was a real alcoholic. After many relapses and prison time, he now has 11 years of sobriety.

Getting older is strange in some ways. Marty looked like an older gentleman to me. He was three years younger than me. That was right up there with a gotta-get bifocals moment.

I am grateful for a friend to go to meetings with me, great grocery stores and excellent meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment