Many things or no particular topic

One unexpected result for my gratitude writing is spending time at the beginning and end of each day doing a spiritual meditation as suggested in the 11th Step Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out.

I don't have the 11th Step dialed in as something that automatically happens in the morning and at night. I do find myself thinking about a topic for my morning gratitude writing at night when I go to bed and in the morning before I get up. It might not be a perfect 11th step. It is the closest I have ever come to consistently doing the 11th step.

Thinking about what I am grateful for last night and this morning came up with many good things in my life but no particular topic or theme. Sitting at the keyboard at 6 AM and just typing whatever I could to get past a sort of writer's block got me this post. It is a wonderful realization that I am doing an 11th step in the morning and at night thanks to my gratitude blogging.

I am grateful for many things especially the serendipitous result of my doing a functional version of the 11th step each morning and at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment