Solitude and choices

I live a quiet life. As I get older, I am becoming more at peace with closing the gap between how my life actually is and how my life should be. Many outside sources strive to stimulate consumers to buy their product with the pitch that it will improve our sex life, financial security, status or quality of life. A big part of this pitch is implication that our lives will not be complete unless we buy this one product providing us endless satisfaction.

Since I don't have the money to buy every product to make my life complete, it works out well that I stopped watching TV commercials a couple of years ago. Now I don't know what I am missing. Unsurprisingly, it seems that I am missing less and less as time goes by with no TV commercials.

Sometimes I can get too caught up in my solitude and stay home for several days like what I have done so far this week. It is nice to live by myself at times like this. Having a roommate would be way more stimulus from others than what I have enjoyed.

It is counter-productive when I spend too much time by myself. Having friends I can call or meetings from dawn to dusk gives me a sense of comfort in knowing that I will go be with others tomorrow.

I am grateful for my solitude and for the comfort of friends. It is good to have choices in where I spend my time and who I spend it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment