A simple life—that works

I live a quiet life that works. It is not close to what I dreamed of as a child for when I grow up. It is good enough for today and for that I am very grateful. Some nights (like tonight) I don't feel like writing about gratitude since I don't have a big dramatic adventure to be grateful for today. I did have a nice trip to Crossroads Mall where I met with Charlie for an hour and then with Frederic. Both of them are guys that I like and have a lot of respect for.

One of the best lessons I get out of writing about what I am grateful for is learning how to reframe or refocus my thoughts from what I lack to what I have. That is like the difference between a glass that is half-empty or half-full. Either way it is the same amount of water. When I think of the proverbial glass as being half-full, I think about what I do have instead of what is missing in my life. That feels a much better on a variety of levels including have more confidence & optimism and less fear.

I am grateful for the wherewithal to learn how to see life through a glass that is half-full. It helps me to be a much more optimistic happier person with less fear and loneliness. That is more than good enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment