Showing up on time

Before my recovery, I had all manner of excuses for why I was late or could not make to a scheduled rendezvous. Now I get to make plans, show up on time and follow with my friends and others. One commitment to myself is to visit my mother once a week. It took me until 5:30 Saturday afternoon to make it this week, but I made it.

I have two friends that have gone to meetings, but not worked the program of the 12 steps with a sponsor and so on. There were both going to meet me at my place today. One was late and the other did not make it nor leave a message. Their punctuality came as no surprise. I am sure one will more of an excuse than I want to hear whenever we talk next.

I am grateful I am able to show up on time for my commitments. My punctuality is fantastically better than how it used to be. That is a lot of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment