Feeling slightly ill

For having a "complete" spinal cord injury in my lower back combined with being overweight and out-of-shape, my health is relatively good. Every year in the Fall, I get that season's flu shot. It seems to be working, I have not had a bad case of the flu in years.

When I woke-up this morning, it felt like the first warning signs of the flu with a bit of dizziness, a slight headache and a slightly queasy stomach. After an hour or two, it was maybe a touch worse, but not too bad. I canceled my meeting with a friend and stayed home to watch more TV and read my kindle.

Tonight I felt well enough to eat a poached chicken breast. I still don't feel quite right, but it is not too bad. Hopefully a good night's sleep will leave me feeling better in the morning.

I am grateful that my environment is such that I don't get serious health diseasess such as dysentery, cholera or malaria. Feeling a bit under the weather for one day and thinking about gratitude helps me to keep things in perspective and realize how good I have it. Plus, two big giant nearly new hospitals are less than a mile away. I am sure I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment