Not As Childish

The AA 12x12 references a group of doctors trying to determine what alcoholics all had in common.  Their conclusion was that most alcoholics were still childish, emotionally sensitive and grandiose.  Whenever I here the childish part, I immediately want to put my hands on my hips and say “AM NOT!”  Yeah, I still got it…in spades.

The good news is that I am a lot less childish, immature and grandiose than how I used to.   There is a young man at a meeting that is essentially trying to bully me in weird little ways at every meeting.  After months weirdness I will finally have to respond, not because it is bothering me, but because it is toxic to recovery at the meeting.  I will show him love and kindness as a I explain his behavior to him and how trusted servants are supposed to do this role per the literature.  Ideally it will help him be a better person.  At the very least, we can hope for less toxic behavior.


I am grateful to be less childish, overly sensitive and grandiose than how I used to be.  Plenty of room for more progress since I am a far cry from perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment