Celebrating Birthdays



My sister and three of my friends had birthdays this month. 

My sister is on the far side of the world, so we won’t be getting together.   I stepped up to help her with some paperwork this year that cost a few bucks to do and took some effort.  I told her that was an early birthday present.   It was the nicest thing I have ever done for her besides my getting sober.

Nine of us got together for dinner tonight at the Nordstrom Café.   We had a nice quiet meal and sang happy birthday to four people all rolled into one long name.   It was fun.

These people have all made a huge impact in my life.   It was nice to be able to organize an event for them.

I am grateful for the wonderful supportive people in my life that share their successes and milestones with me and allow me to share mine with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment