Living On A Hill


A series of strong fall rain & windstorms are blowing through the area like they do every year in late autumn.  A friend talked about flooding issues with me tonight.   Her house is on a hill, but she is having problems with flooding in the crawl space.  The Stillaguamish river runs through her lower pasture during high flood stages but is not a problem beyond maybe having to fix an electric fence in the spring when the flooding is gone.

I have never lived in a place that got flooded.  To my way of thinking, it’s crazy, stressful and way too much work to live in a place prone to flooding given other options.

I am grateful to live in a place that will never flood in my lifetime.   Getting up the last bit of hill in the snow is too risky to try in my rear-wheel drive car.   If I wait a day or two, that problem goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment